[libcamera-devel] Asking for tag/release

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Tue May 28 00:57:55 CEST 2019

Hi Emmanuel,

On 25/05/2019 21:31, eamanu wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I am writting you to know if exist any release version to libcamera
> up-to-date?
>
> The webpage says libcamera is on 0.1 version, but running  ```git
> tag```  any tag exist.

No, I'm afraid there aren't currently any tags that exist in the repository.

We've discussed this a couple of times already, especially as I have a
patch to automatically update the version number in the project
(including this initial 'version' in the documentation) based on tags.

> There is a release plan?

Because the project is still in active development, and we are not at
all ABI stable, it hasn't really made sense to create a tag or release yet.

I presume you are looking for a tagged release for your aim of creating
a debian package. Is it possible to create a debian package from the
sha1 of the master branch in the git repository, which can be updated
when appropriate?

(This is how we have handled the packaging within buildroot)

Otherwise, perhaps this is a good place to start discussion of what
would constitute our first release? or how would we mark our releases,
if they were 'pre-release'?

I would presume we would consider the usual '-major.minor.patch' version
scheme?

> Thanks
>
> Regards!
>
> Emmanuel