[libcamera-devel] configfs api in vimc driver

Dafna Hirschfeld dafna.hirschfeld at collabora.com
Fri Nov 8 16:58:41 CET 2019

Hi (everyone),

I am Dafna Hirschfeld, I am part of Collabora's kernel team.

I have sent a patchset to the vimc driver in the linux kernel that removes the default topology and allows userspace to configure the topology using the configfs API.
This is the patchset:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg159985.html
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg159986.html
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg159988.html
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg160058.html

Since libcamera has support for vimc, it might interest you to review the patchset.
When this patchset will apply to the kernel it will break libcamera. Would you like me to prepare a patch for libcamera for the configfs api?
If so, we can further discuss what the change in libcamera should include. You can also ping me in IRC , I am dafna2

Thank you,
Dafna