[libcamera-devel] Custom automatic image processing

Marco Felsch m.felsch at pengutronix.de
Wed Apr 29 16:49:51 CEST 2020

Hi all,

first of all I'm very new to this project. I noticed the project since
the ELCE2018 but never got intouch with it until now. A customer of us
wants to implement a custom automatic image processing unit within the
gstreamer pipeline. This isn't the right place for it and we proposed
libcamera but I don't know how much work we need to implement it. Here
are the facts:
  - Platform: imx6
  - Camera: AR0237 (I will send a driver in the next weeks)
  - Gstreamer as media framework
  - Custom embedded OS (no Android)

The sensor can embed sensor statistics into the frame at the beginning
and the end. We need to extract those data, calc all necessary values
(like gain, exposure, ...) and adjust the sensor using v4l2-ctrls if
necessary.

Pls, can someone provide me some information what we can expect from the
current master state. What is working? How much work would you expect
for the above use-case?

Regards,
  Marco