[libcamera-devel] Filter out unsupported configurations from |config_| in CameraConfiguration::validate()

Hirokazu Honda hiroh at chromium.org
Thu Dec 10 11:03:05 CET 2020

Hi all,

I have implemented the proposal [1] in ipu3 experimentally [2].
In my proposal, |config_| is updated in validate() so that it only
contains either Valid or Adjusted streams.
In other words, |config_| after validate() doesn't contain that
libcamera::Camera cannot produce.
However, this matters because a caller might assume the config is not updated.
For example, camera_device.cpp stores the index of |config_| before
validate() [3].
I think filtering out unsupported streams in |config_| is reasonable.
So I would like to change the caller implementations.

How do you'all think?

[1] https://lists.libcamera.org/pipermail/libcamera-devel/2020-November/014723.html
[2] https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromiumos/third_party/libcamera/+/2583432
[3] https://source.chromium.org/chromiumos/chromiumos/codesearch/+/master:src/third_party/libcamera/src/android/camera_device.cpp;l=1287