[libcamera-devel] CCM from CCT: why not mired?

David Plowman david.plowman at raspberrypi.com
Mon Jun 8 09:55:45 CEST 2020

Thanks for the comments.

Indeed, looking at the matrices in apply_saturation, I actually have no
recollection where those numbers come from. Actually I suspect it makes no
difference mathematically (unless saturation were changed by different
amounts on the U and V axes), but I agree it would make sense to use the
"official" numbers there.

As regards the interpolation, the behaviour is intended to match the way
the AWB works (so that the two algorithms "agree" about exactly where on
the CT curve they are, rather than caring particularly about the reported
value). That said, the AWB might do better to work in mireds too, and then
this would be changed to match. It would make no difference to the actual
white point chosen (in terms of red/blue gains), but the colour temperature
number reported in between the calibrated locations might be less
approximate. I'll put it on the list of things to look at!

Thanks again and best regards

David