[libcamera-devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: Porting libCamera in to RDKC

Dubey, Vijayanand vijay_dubey at comcast.com
Mon Jun 8 16:56:05 CEST 2020

Hi Laurent
Here are the current  RDKC cameras' SoC datasheets.
https://www.ambarella.com/wp-content/uploads/S2Lm-Product-Brief-Final.pdf (xCAM/iCAM2)
http://www.ambarella.com/wp-content/uploads/S3L-Product-Brief.pdf(xCAM2)
https://www.ambarella.com/wp-content/uploads/S5L-Product-Brief.pdf(doorbell)

They are fully ARM SoCs and we do have upstream Linux kernel support for these products.

Regards
Vijay

On 6/8/20, 10:43 AM, "Laurent Pinchart" <laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com> wrote:

    Hi Vijay,

    On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 02:30:08PM +0000, Dubey, Vijayanand wrote:
    > Hi Laurent
    >
    > Thanks for the response. RDKC's hardware platform is Ambarella (Armv7
    > and Arm8 architecture).

    Is there any public documentation about the hardware ? I had a quick at
    https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ambarella.com/__;!!CQl3mcHX2A!RVOtR3839oNUz-HBH96O9FkjgrUuzURPPdxmmyeqV5ORt35ZpuFCz5vvW8JUfkvmq41K$ , are the camera-related chips co-processors
    that need to be paired with a traditional SoC, or are they full ARM SoCs
    ? Will there be any upstream Linux kernel support for those products ?

    --
    Regards,

    Laurent Pinchart