[libcamera-devel] Colour spaces

David Plowman david.plowman at raspberrypi.com
Thu Jan 7 14:46:04 CET 2021

Hi everyone

I've just found myself wondering how I would signal to libcamera that
I want a particular YUV colour space, such as JFIF for jpeg, BT601 for
SD video, and so on. I haven't spotted a way to do this... have I
perhaps missed something? (I notice a PixelFormatInfo class with a
ColourEncoding enum, but it seems limited.)

If there really isn't a way to do this, then I suppose all the usual
questions apply. Should it be a control? Or should it go in the stream
configuration? And what values - start with the V4L2 ones?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
David