[libcamera-devel] How to handle concatenating video stream

tetsuya.nomura at soho-enterprise.com tetsuya.nomura at soho-enterprise.com
Thu Jan 28 07:43:02 CET 2021

Dear Libcamera experts.

As posted to our company web site below, we are now testing dual-camera extended by coaxial high speed serial cable.
https://soho-enterprise.com/2021/01/19/fpd-link-iii-se-cxb01-board-for-dual-camera-solution/

These images are processed by SW ISP program of our own.

HW configuration

IMX219 camera -> FPD Link III Tx -> o---Coaxial cable --+
                                                      |     +----------------+
                                                      +-->o|               |
                                                            | FPD Link III Rx | ->  MIPI 2lane FFC -> Raspi4
                                                      +-->o|               |
                                                      |     +----------------+
IMX219 camera -> FPD Link III Tx -> o---Coaxial cable --+

The dual video streams are line-concatenated in the Rx chip and forwarded to RaspberryPi.

Because of the line memory size restriction, the image size is 1024 x 1088 from each camera.
And concatenated image size is 2018 x 1088.

The configuration(the register parameters) is sent simultaneously by the application program as attached.

It would be great if you could give us the advice how to feed the concatenated vide stream into "qcam" to develop the image to help many vision application hackers benefit from Libcamera.
Of course, we can run "qcam" with single video stream as well as direct connection by MIPI FFC.
In this case the IMX219 is configured by qcam program and the imx219.c driver.
I wonder we can just activate the MIPI receiver portion with determining the image size.

By the way, the sync signal is sent from the GPIO #18 via jumper cable but our board can also receive the signal from MIPI FFC.
Do you have the information to use the GPIO connected to the FFC connector?

Best Regards,

NOMURA