[libcamera-devel] GSoC: OpenGL/OpenCL software ISP

paul.elder at ideasonboard.com paul.elder at ideasonboard.com
Wed Mar 24 11:01:28 CET 2021

Hello Abhay,

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 10:44:16AM +0530, Abhay Raj Singh wrote:
> Thanks for clearing my doubts. I have set up my dev env, compiled libcamera.
> Meanwhile, I also created a test bench project ispp to play with algorithms.

Ooh, nice!

> I use libraw to read raw images(which I might not need for the actual project),
> but it's not functional yet.
>
> Can you please point me to some resources (books/blogs) to learn more about
> the project? Currently, I am referring to Gonzalez, Rafael (2018). Digital
> image processing

I found this interesting repo [1] + document [2] on image processing
algorithms. I'll post it on the libcamera Open Projects page too.

[1] https://github.com/cruxopen/openISP
[2] https://github.com/cruxopen/openISP/blob/master/docs/Image%20Signal%20Processor.pdf

I'll update the Open Project page on this soon, but besides OpenCL,
OpenGL compute shaders might also be another option for implementation
on a GPU, so looking into those would be useful too. Drafting an
implementation on CPU is good too though, of course.

Paul