[libcamera-devel] Trying to use libcamera with Qt

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Mar 25 20:14:15 CET 2021

I was using Raspicam library, but it looks like this one (libcamera) is the one to use if I need to control gains and shutter speed.
I am using Qt5.15. I set Qt to use c++14 and set the include path, #included libcamera/libcamera.h and got:

/usr/local/include/libcamera/libcamera/signal.h:31:17: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘)’ token
  SlotList slots();
                 ^
/usr/local/include/libcamera/libcamera/signal.h:119:16: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘...’ token
  void emit(Args... args)

I am trying to use this library in a Qt project, but I get a compile error in:

Qt does use the word `slots`, but only for classes marked Q_OBJECT this one is not marked Q_OBJECT.

Can anyone help?
I was able to compile the libcamera-apps (https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/linux/software/libcamera/README.md) samples.