[libcamera-devel] Trying to use libcamera with Qt

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Mar 26 15:01:10 CET 2021

> > So it looks I was wrong about Q_OBJECT being the gatekeeper. Once I
> > config no_keywords in Qt, it works. It's a shame I have to do that for
> > one variable name.
>
> Sorry about that :-( We do the same in our qcam test application. Qt
> defines 'signals' and 'slots' as keywords by default, but that can
> indeed clash with third-party code. Using Q_SIGNALS and Q_SLOTS instead
> with no_keywords may not look very native, but hopefully it will be an
> acceptable solution for you.

Well I'm glad there's a way to get it to work. But this happens at project
scope, meaning that EVERY QObject class definition has to be altered.
Meaning that that one line of code changes about 15 classes, 30 lines
in my project because it's Q_SIGNALS and Q_SLOTS.

> > It is the project using Boost at all? It doesn't look like it, but I
> > am not a boost expert.
>
> Only in the Raspberry Pi Image Processing Algorithms module, to parse
> the configuration file, and we're working on an alternative
> implementation that won't require Boost.

I am very happy to hear this, because all I want to do is grab frames from
the camera. It shouldn't be that hard, shouldn't require boost to do that.
That was the appeal of the raspicam library. I'm using this fork:
https://github.com/manalito/raspicam