[libcamera-devel] Undefined MC-centric behaviour

Marco Felsch m.felsch at pengutronix.de
Wed May 5 17:09:17 CEST 2021

Hi all,

first of all hopefully I got most of you within To: or Cc:.

During making the iMX6 IPU driver MC-cenric compatible without breaking
backward compatibility we noticed that the API/API-Doc don't mention the
behviour for:
 - vidioc_enum_framesizes()
 - vidioc_enum_frameintervals()

I our opinion:
 - vidioc_enum_framesizes(): should only limit to the DMA restrictions
 - vidioc_enum_frameintervals(): should return nothing since it is up to
   user space to select the correct one from the last downstream
   v4l2-subdev element (_not_ the sensor).

Now the discussion can start :)