[libcamera-devel] Need help with RaspberryPI pipeline bringup on Android

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Mon Nov 8 21:12:26 CET 2021

Hi Roman,

Quoting Roman Stratiienko (2021-11-08 17:46:56)
> Hi guys,
>
> I have stuck with camera bring-up for Android. Could somebody who has
> experience in it help me to find a right way to solve this. Logs are
> available here:
> https://github.com/kbingham/libcamera/issues/31

The RPi kernel, and pipeline handler have had a large change recently to
convert to using MediaController. It may require ensuring you have the
latest kernel from RPi, along with the latest libcamera.

You mentioned that you have " rpi-kernel v5.10.y", do you know if this
contains the commits that update to the new MediaController drivers?

I assume you are building your own kernel, so you'll want to make sure
you're on the (very, very) latest branch, and it might be something to
check on the RPi forums otherwise.

--
Kieran