[libcamera-devel] Fwd: Surface Go VCM type (was: Need to pass acpi_enforce_resources=lax on the Surface Go (version1))

Daniel Scally djrscally at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 00:43:26 CET 2021

Hi Hans

On 11/11/2021 15:59, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 11/9/21 17:35, Daniel Scally wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> Talking about this Dell Latitude 7285, I haven't had a chance to
>>> look into this at all. But chances are I will need to do some
>>> I2C-register dumps under Windows, last time you mentioned you
>>> had some small tool for this ? It is ok if it is a bit hackish,
>>> it will still be very useful to have :)  And I believe I will
>>> also need to override the DSDT under Windows for this, right?
>>> I should be able to cope with that too.
>>
>> So the tool I was using was the I2cTestTool [1], which requires you to
>> first hack the DSDT to enable usermode access [2]. You need the
>> Microsoft ASL compiler [3] to insert the new DSDT, but fwiw I gave up
>> trying to use their tool to actually compile the table and just did it
>> running Ubuntu with iasl, then saved the file onto the Go2's SD card and
>> loaded it using asl.exe in Windows...the MS tool just wouldn't compile
>> for whatever reason.
>>

>> All that said; you don't actually need to do this for the Latitude 7285
>> - on the Github thread a chap with that device found the schematics and
>> posted them [4], so we should already have the information we need to
>> populate the board data for that one. The sensor drivers need some work
>> though - the ov9734 I have a series somewhere that I think should work
>> but haven't ever tested, the ov8858 I don't think anyone's looked at yet.
> Awesome, thank you very much for these links.
>
> If you can dig up the ov9734 patch series you have and email me a copy (1),
> that would be great, then I can start looking into getting things to work
> on the Latitude 7285.

Sorry for the late reply - kid's birthday this weekend so haven't had
much time to do anything. I had a look for this but I suspect I spring
cleaned that branch as I can't find it, sorry. I can recall changing
ov9734_check_hwcfg() to return -EPROBE_DEFER if
fwnode_graph_get_next_endpoint() returns NULL (because the cio2-bridge
can build that endpoint later), and adding the entry for this sensor to
the cio2-bridge, with the 180MHz link frequency from the driver, but
past that memory fails.