[libcamera-devel] AE -- what is the goal was Re: Software gathering of image statistics for libcamera on Librem 5

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Sat Dec 10 22:51:39 CET 2022

Hi!

> > Closest I could get is Image class (src/apps/common/image.h) used by
> > file sinks in cam application. Would it be acceptable to move that
> > into libcamera and use it to peek at the pixels?
>
> You can peek at pixels with the MappedFrameBuffer class.
>
>  include/libcamera/internal/mapped_framebuffer.h
>  src/libcamera/mapped_framebuffer.cpp
>
> If we only need 200 pixels to process, I'd be very happy to see a CPU
> based implementation that could be used on 'any' platform without an
> ISP.

For millipixels, I was using:

bright pixel is at least 200/255.

too bright pixel is 240/255.

I want not more than 8% too bright pixels, and as long as I have that,
I'd like at least 1% bright pixels.

Is there consensus what the goal of AE should be?

Does someone have information on what average brightness of nicely
exposed photograph looks like? Knowing that would allow me to speed up
AE convergence significantly.

Best regards,

								Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.