[libcamera-devel] Compatibility with cameras

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Thu Feb 17 14:09:55 CET 2022

Hi Guido,

Quoting Guido Körber (2022-02-17 13:04:18)

> I want to use libcamera on Raspberry with a camera that is not
> explicitly supported by libcamera but does generic CSI-2. Will this
> work, or do I need a camera specific plugin or something else?

You will likely need to make sure you have a relevant kernel driver, and
may likely need to do some updates to libcamera, to manage the
CameraSensorHelper classes.

You might also then want to follow the Raspberry Pi ISP tuning
procedures.

 https://datasheets.raspberrypi.com/camera/raspberry-pi-camera-guide.pdf

But yes, you should be able to get it to work.
--
Kieran