[libcamera-devel] PinePhone needs S_FRAME_INTERVAL

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Tue Jul 5 22:56:06 CEST 2022

Hi!

> > It looks I solved another mystery: Top resolution was not available,
> > and depending on order of commands, sometimes 1280x720 was not
> > available, either.
> >
> > So I took a look into megapixels, and mystery solved -- libcamera is
> > not setting frame intervals at all.
> >
> > AFAICT that needs to happen. PinePhone needs lower fps for top
> > resolution, but an use high fps for lower resolutions...
> >
> > This is obviosly a hack, but we need something like that.
> >

> Can I ask a stupid question ? Is the sun6i a parallel or CSI-2
> receiver ? If you're using my ov5640 branch (patches will land
> upstream in 5.20) the need to set frame_interval to work around a
> driver deficiency is now only for parallel setups. CSI-2 platforms have
> been switched to use VBLANK to control the frame rate.

I'm not really sure how to tell the difference. media-ctl mentions
csi:

mobian at mobian:~/g/libcamera$ sudo media-ctl -p -d /dev/media1
Media controller API version 5.15.44

Media device information
------------------------
driver          sun6i-csi
model           Allwinner Video Capture Device
serial
bus info        platform:1cb0000.csi
hw revision     0x0
driver version  5.15.44

Device topology
- entity 1: sun6i-csi (1 pad, 2 links)
 type Node subtype V4L flags 0
 device node name /dev/video2
 pad0: Sink
 <- "gc2145 3-003c":0 []
 <- "ov5640 3-004c":0 [ENABLED]

I'm using "Linux mobian 5.15-sunxi64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 7 01:08:50 UTC 2022
aarch64 GNU/Linux" kernel from mobian, and can not really change it
easily at the moment.

Best regards,
								Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.