[libcamera-devel] Fixing debayering?

Jacopo Mondi jacopo at jmondi.org
Wed Jul 6 12:05:02 CEST 2022

I let people with more exerience about qcam reply about the debayering
thing, but I wonder one thing: you've been experimenting with RAW
formats, are you doing so becaue you need RAW ? Because if you're
"just" trying to see how to provide a preview I would really switch to
YUV/RGB. The pinephone doesn't have any ISP, debayering is then
delegated to either the CPU or the GPU.

Your sensor (the ov5640 at least) supports YUV/RGB natively, and the
simple pipeline handler allows you to capture those formats.