[libcamera-devel] PinePhone needs S_FRAME_INTERVAL

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Wed Jul 6 20:16:17 CEST 2022

Hi!

> > > Can I ask a stupid question ? Is the sun6i a parallel or CSI-2
> > > receiver ? If you're using my ov5640 branch (patches will land
> > > upstream in 5.20) the need to set frame_interval to work around a
> > > driver deficiency is now only for parallel setups. CSI-2 platforms have
> > > been switched to use VBLANK to control the frame rate.
> >
> > I'm not really sure how to tell the difference. media-ctl mentions
> > csi:
>
> No worries, if you can't update the kernel it doesn't make a
> difference. I thought you were using the same kernel as Rafael with
> the ov5640 patches in. If you're on the current driver version you
> need the awkward s_frame_interval dance.

Rafael is developing Maemo Leste, and I'm currently using Mobian.

If it is easy to boot Leste from SD card, I may try that, but not this
week. I'm actually using Leste on Droid4 and would not mind same
system on both.

Best regards,
								Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.