[libcamera-devel] libcamera starting point on px30 evk

Tommaso Merciai tommaso.merciai at amarulasolutions.com
Fri Jun 10 18:46:44 CEST 2022

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 11:31:07AM +0200, Tommaso Merciai wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to start to play with libcamera on PX30_Mini_EVB_V11.
> Can you give me some tips on build image with all libcamera dependencies
> for this type of SOC. Like buildroot Image or Yocto Image.
>
> Actually I have compiled multimedia-libcamera-image with sdk using Yocto. I'm able
> to compile libcamera project with this. Could be a good starting point?
> Or you suggest another way?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tommaso

Hi All,
Finally I'm able to scan out from frame using cam app from libcamera
sources on my x86 pc! :)

>From Lenovo T14S with the following media topology:

Media controller API version 5.14.21

Media device information
------------------------
driver          uvcvideo
model           Integrated Camera: Integrated C
serial          0001
bus info        usb-0000:00:14.0-4
hw revision     0x2731
driver version  5.14.21

Device topology
- entity 1: Integrated Camera: Integrated C (1 pad, 1 link)
            type Node subtype V4L flags 1
            device node name /dev/video0
	pad0: Sink
		<- "Realtek Extended Controls Unit":1 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]

- entity 4: Integrated Camera: Integrated C (0 pad, 0 link)
            type Node subtype V4L flags 0
            device node name /dev/video1

- entity 8: Realtek Extended Controls Unit (2 pads, 2 links)
            type V4L2 subdev subtype Unknown flags 0
	pad0: Sink
		<- "Extension 4":1 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]
	pad1: Source
		-> "Integrated Camera: Integrated C":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]

- entity 11: Extension 4 (2 pads, 2 links)
             type V4L2 subdev subtype Unknown flags 0
	pad0: Sink
		<- "Processing 2":1 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]
	pad1: Source
		-> "Realtek Extended Controls Unit":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]

- entity 14: Processing 2 (2 pads, 2 links)
             type V4L2 subdev subtype Unknown flags 0
	pad0: Sink
		<- "Camera 1":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]
	pad1: Source
		-> "Extension 4":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]

- entity 17: Camera 1 (1 pad, 1 link)
             type V4L2 subdev subtype Sensor flags 0
	pad0: Source
		-> "Processing 2":0 [ENABLED,IMMUTABLE]

Using the following cmd:

$ sudo build/src/cam/cam -c 1 -C -S

I can't find documentation about using/build/configure this example that can be used as let me say "hello world".
If there is some documentation about this can you pls share with me? If not I can provide documentations as patchset :)

I hope this test can be usefull for others that try to join the project :)

Thanks in advance,
Tommaso

--
Tommaso Merciai