[libcamera-devel] libcamera on pinephone

Umang Jain umang.jain at ideasonboard.com
Mon Jun 20 09:56:05 CEST 2022

Hi Pavel

On 6/20/22 12:56, Pavel Machek via libcamera-devel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to get video recording to work on pinephone. I had solution
> with gstreamer (https://gitlab.com/tui/tui/-/tree/master/cam), but
> gstreamer stopped working (claims colorspace problems and refusees to
> source data) so I'm looking at other solutions.

The support for colorspace in gstreamer plugin is well under active
development.
We have a Google Summer of Code intern who is working on this specifically.

> What is good way to test libcamera? I'd preffer not to complicate it
> with gstreamer so far, but I don't see good test application and
> README does not suggest a way to start.
>
> build/test/camera/capture -- sounds like something suitable for basic
> testing? But it has "platform/vimc.0 Sensor B" hardcoded and that's
> not present.
>
> Are there tools such as list sensors, acquire one frame for testing,
> ...?

libcamera has a commandline utility `cam` (under src/cam/). Not sure how
easily
one can compile on PinePhone platform but I would give it try to run  that
as the first step.

Others (with PinePhone hardware) might pitch in soon.