[libcamera-devel] libcamera on pinephone

Jacopo Mondi jacopo at jmondi.org
Mon Jun 20 10:06:49 CEST 2022

Hi Pavel,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 09:26:03AM +0200, Pavel Machek via libcamera-devel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to get video recording to work on pinephone. I had solution

Which pinephone ? The pro or the original one ?

(Difference being that the Pro is a RK3399, which features an ISP
which libcamera supports natively, while the original one has no ISP)

> with gstreamer (https://gitlab.com/tui/tui/-/tree/master/cam), but
> gstreamer stopped working (claims colorspace problems and refusees to
> source data) so I'm looking at other solutions.
>
> What is good way to test libcamera? I'd preffer not to complicate it
> with gstreamer so far, but I don't see good test application and
> README does not suggest a way to start.

I suggest you to use our cli test application in src/cam/
We also have a GUI one in src/qcam, but it's Qt based, and I'm not
sure if you have Qt there...

However cam recently gained support for an SDL output which might be
easier to exercize.

> build/test/camera/capture -- sounds like something suitable for basic
> testing? But it has "platform/vimc.0 Sensor B" hardcoded and that's
> not present.

test/ contains the library unit tests, not something that is interesting
for users

> Are there tools such as list sensors, acquire one frame for testing,
> ...?

Yes, cam does that.

Thanks for testing and keep us posted ;)