[libcamera-devel] libcamera on pinephone

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Mon Jun 20 11:30:32 CEST 2022

Hi!

> > > I'd like to get video recording to work on pinephone. I had solution
> > > with gstreamer (https://gitlab.com/tui/tui/-/tree/master/cam), but
> > > gstreamer stopped working (claims colorspace problems and refusees to
> > > source data) so I'm looking at other solutions.
>
> Pinephone, or Pinephone pro?

Pinephone, 3GB version, postmarkertos edition, with mobian:

Linux mobian 5.15-sunxi64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 7 01:08:50 UTC 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux

> > The support for colorspace in gstreamer plugin is well under active
> > development.
> > We have a Google Summer of Code intern who is working on this specifically.
>
> Just to clarify here, libcamera provides a gstlibcamerasrc element which
> can link libcamera into gstreamer pipelines. It could be used in place
> of your v4l2src in your cam script.
>
> However as Umang referenced, there are still parts under development -
> in particular colorspace / colorimetry can cause pipelines to fail to
> negotiate. I suspect this differs from your colorspace problems above,
> as I don't think you're using the gstlibcamerasrc element yet in that
> script.

No, I'm not using gstlibcamerasrc, yet. I guess I need to get "cam"
utility to work, first.

Best regards,
								Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.