[libcamera-devel] Bounces from gmail.com addresses

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Fri Mar 4 08:34:03 CET 2022

Hello everybody,

gmail has started bouncing all e-mail from the libcamera-devel mailing
list last night after decided they were spam. The result was a mass
disable of delivery to all gmail.com subscribers.

The problems was likely ([1]) caused by DKIM and/or SPF verification
failures, although gmail.com doesn't have a strict DMARC policy.  As an
attempt to work around this problem, I've enabled munging of the From:
header for the mailing list ([2]), and re-enabled delivery to all
gmail.com subscribers. With a bit of luck this e-mail will get through.

Please let me know if you notice any issue, and sorry for any
inconveniece this may have or will cause.

[1] I can't tell yet for sure as the Google postmaster tools only gather
data about originating domains once the domain is added to the tool, and
libcamera.org wasn't.
[2] https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC

--
Regards,