[libcamera-devel] libcamera on Librem 5, phase detection auto focus

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Mon Nov 21 12:32:30 CET 2022

Hi!

I'm playing with camera on Librem 5. So far I added af/ae/awb support
to millipixels done completely in software, but I guess libcamera
would be more suitable place for it. If you have some hints/example
where to look at, it would be nice.

So far I'm working with contrast detection, but samsung chip should
support phase detection auto focus, too. So far I hacked
drivers/media/i2c/s5k3l6xx.ko not to filter out those bits and took
photos (and looked at them in darktable), but I don't see any obvious
"defects" indicating presense of focus data. Do you have any pointers
to more information by chance?

I took deliberately defocused photo to make "defects" easier to see. I
guess I should take another one with less gain to keep other noise
down. Any ideas how to locate those bits?

Best regards,
								Pavel

--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.