[libcamera-devel] libcamera on Librem 5, phase detection auto focus

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Tue Nov 22 10:43:55 CET 2022

Hi!

> > > correlation between them, and adjust focus according to that.
> > >
> > > Does not sound too bad...? But if someone already has code / tools to
> > > help, let me know.
> >
> > Ok, so I'm pretty sure I have right pixels, I'll need to compute the
> > correlations, but it no longer looks as easy as it looked before.
> >
> > Am I right that I should be able to do the AF using subset of special
> > pixels? I'm thinking about single horizontal line in the middle of screen...
>
> Are you still talking about PDAF (for which I'm afraid I cannot help
> with reverse engineering) or are you looking at contrast-based
> algorithms here ?

PDAF. It was easier than expected (and reverse engineering similar chip should be relatively
easy) and I got it to work. Fun project :-). It needs 13Mp images, which is a bit of
challenge from performance standpoint.

> > I pushed work-in-progress code to
> > https://gitlab.com/tui/millipixels/-/merge_requests/new?merge_request%5Bsource_branch%5D=pdaf
> > .
>
> br0ken it seems :)

Maybe only for logged-in users or something. Anyway, it is also here:

https://gitlab.com/tui/millipixels/-/tree/pdaf

Best regards,
								Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.