[libcamera-devel] libcamera Android Enhancements

Jacopo Mondi jacopo at jmondi.org
Fri Oct 28 10:25:12 CEST 2022

Hi Nicholas

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 05:41:25PM -0500, Nicholas Roth via libcamera-devel wrote:
> Fourth round of changes-- made suggested changes.

I'll skip v4 and get to v5 but I would like you to
1) do not send new versions in reply to the previous ones, it's hard
to follow and might even confuse patchwork
2) When you receive a tag like Reviewed-by or Tested-by or whatever
please collect it as part of your next version. Copy the tag and paste
it below your Signed-off-by: in your commit

> Let me know what needs to happen to get this merged!

I think there are a few points that needs to be addressed and on which
you probably want more input from Laurent and Kieran

1) The durations patch: it seems you have explored various
   alternatives. I let Laurent Kieran and Naush comment if they're
   happy with the final result or not

2) Still not sure why you can't use the sensor blankings to initialize
   FrameDurationLimits but I will comment on the patch

3) Disabling isolation: this is tough. I think we really don't want to
   give such an easy way to run un-signed binaries in non-isolated
   mode. However you have a valid use case. I'll defer this to Kieran
   and Laurent which are more aware of the implications.