[libcamera-devel] GSoC 2023 Proposal for Adding Support for Controls in the Simple Pipeline Handler

Madhav PVL 2000030810cse at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 14:22:48 CEST 2023

Dear Sir/Mam,

I am writing to express my interest in the project "Adding Controls Support
to the Simple Pipeline Handler in Libcamera" that was recently posted on
your website. After carefully reviewing the project description, I am
confident that my skills and experience align well with the project's
objectives and requirements.

As a third-year Computer Science and Engineering student specializing in
embedded systems and having good knowledge of C++, I am excited about the
opportunity to work on this project and contribute to the open-source
community. I have already completed the warm-up tasks mentioned in the
project description and am ready to start working on the project
immediately.

I understand that this project has a hardware requirement and requires a
device supported by the simple pipeline handler. I have access to a
PinePhone and have already verified that it meets the hardware
requirements. Additionally, I have experience working with embedded systems
and have previously contributed to open-source projects on GitHub.

I have gone through the project timeline and I am confident that I can
complete the project within the allotted time. I will keep the mentor
updated with my progress and will ensure that the project milestones and
deadlines are met.

I am excited about the opportunity to work with your organization and
contribute to the open-source community. I would like to request your
acceptance of my proposal for the project "Adding Controls Support to the
Simple Pipeline Handler in Libcamera."

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing back
from you.

Sincerely,

Madhav PVL,
K L University.