[libcamera-devel] Consider cutting a new release

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Sun Apr 30 23:39:39 CEST 2023

Hi Elias,

Quoting Elias Naur via libcamera-devel (2023-04-30 17:41:47)
> Hi,
>
> If it's not too inappropriate, may I ask for a new release of
> libcamera? v0.0.4 is 3 months old, and I'd like to have the recent
> O_CLOEXEC fixes in a stable release.

0.0.5 is on it's way. I was holding off for a few things. Specifically
the GCC-13 handling, and some patches for mobile devices.

GCC-13 is now released, so I'm going to merge the fix that has been
proposed. I had planned to do all this on Friday 28th just gone ... but
... life gets in the way, so consider it 'hours' away.

I would call this a 'tagged' release, not a 'stable release'. These are
simply time based releases - we're not adding any patches to previously
tagged versions at this stage (there will never be a 0.0.4.1 from us,
but I guess others could if they felt the need).

--
Kieran