[libcamera-devel] Removing media device /dev/media3 while still in use

Christoph Stamm christoph.stamm at fhnw.ch
Thu Aug 17 15:32:13 CEST 2023

Hello

I'm using the following pipeline in OpenCV (4.5.1) while using an instance of VideoCapture. My code is running on a Raspberry Pi (CM4) with OS bullseye 64 bit:

libcamerasrc camera-name="/base/soc/i2c0mux/i2c at 1/imx219 at 10" " ! appsink name=appsink

The pipeline works well and the video is displayed. However, when I call VideoCapture::release() my application crashes with an unhandled exception. The error is: DeviceEnumerator device_enumerator.cpp:166 Removing media device /dev/media3 while still in use.

Stack trace:
libcamera-base.so.0.0!libcamera:Thread:postMessage
libcamera.so.0.0!libcamera::FrameBufferAllocator::~FrameBufferAllocator()
libgstreamer-1.0.so.0!g_object_unref
libopencv_videoio.so.4.5!cv::VideoCapture::release()

Calling VideoCapture.release() is the standard way to stop video capturing in OpenCV.
Where is the problem?

Best regards,
Chris