[libcamera-devel] softISP for libcamera

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Tue Dec 5 21:44:11 CET 2023

Hi!

> > Thanks for hints, yes, I got that one working.
> >
> > I see you have a tree with some optimalizations... and I guess that
> > means statistics take non-trivial ammount of your CPU power. Consider
> > taking only x% of pixels for AE / AWB.
>
> Right in my branch stat collection is done on a 2x2 block of
> pixels (minimum bayer block before repeating) I tried
> skipping every other block and line, but that does not seem
> to help much at least in my testing...

Not sure if you are not seeing any kind of cache effects... but you
should be able to skip 99 blocks and 99 lines out of 100, and still
get usable statistics.

> > (I'd really like ability to collect statistics without doing the
> > debayering,
>
> That is actually already a part of my refactoring, the stats
> collection is now done separately (on a line by line basis
> to keep the input data hot in the cache for debayering.
>
> I plan to split out the stats collection into a separate
> class even, but atm it is still part of the main linaro
> softisp code.
>
> Same for the debayering I also want to move that to
> a separate class. Having the softisp implementation
> just calling into the stats + debayer classes
> (on a per block of 2 or 4 lines bases).

Sounds good, thanks. Can I ask for cc when updated version is ready?

Best regards,
								Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.