[libcamera-devel] statistics cleanup was Re: ... libcamera: ipa: Soft IPA: add a Soft IPA implementation

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Wed Dec 13 22:39:14 CET 2023

Hi!

> Note your implementation was broken because you were resetting
> the per frame stats every line. The idea is to use a local variable
> (hopefully a register) to gather the local r + g + b sums and
> then at the end of processing the entire line increase
> the per frame stats using the local variable.

Yes, I seen that optimalization, I just hoped that compiler is able to
this on its own when it has enough registers.

> I have merged / squashed a fixed version with some further cleanups:

Thank you, looks good.

Did we decide on the name? swisp_cpu or something like that was
mentioned, but perhaps we cpuisp is shorter and also should be unique
enough?

Best regards,
							Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.