[libcamera-devel] Debayer-on-GPU experiments

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Dec 22 18:02:47 CET 2023

Le jeudi 21 décembre 2023 à 22:54 +0100, Pavel Machek via libcamera-devel a
écrit :
> Hi!
>
> I played a bit with debayering on GPU. Good news is that I got
> something working. Bad news is that I'm only getting 7MPix/sec on
> pinephone, and 56Mpix/sec on Thinkpad X220. It looks like copying data
> around has some costs, too.

In final solution, you'd get a DMABuf from the camera, so you will likely be
able to import it using EGLImage. For the output, you may want to try one of GBM
(currently limited to RGB) or MESA dmabuf export extension (this will pull DRM
modifiers dependency, if we don't already have it).