[libcamera-devel] GSoC 2023

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Wed Feb 22 16:25:29 CET 2023

Hello Prashanth.

Quoting Prashanth S via libcamera-devel (2023-02-22 05:36:44)
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to contribute to libcamera as part of GSoC 2023.
>
> I looked through the project ideas (https://libcamera.org/open-projects.html
> ).
> I like to choose *vimc multistream support* project.
>
> I am trying to do the warmup tasks.
>
> May I ask for suggestions on vimc multistream support project?

The project will require building kernel modules (or the whole kernel)
and making developments against libcamera.

Do you have any experience building a linux kernel? or modules? If not -
that's a good place to start investigating.

For warmup tasks, see if you can get the existing developments rebased
and working and see if you can identify what would be next.

See
 - https://patchwork.libcamera.org/project/libcamera/list/?series=1127
and
 - https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/20200819180442.11630-1-kgupta@es.iitr.ac.in/