[libcamera-devel] Help Regarding GSOC - 2023

Umang Jain umang.jain at ideasonboard.com
Fri Feb 24 06:04:45 CET 2023

HI Abhilekh,

On 2/24/23 8:24 AM, Abhilekh Gautam via libcamera-devel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for ways to contribute to libcamera through GSCO - 2023.
> I came through the idea of  "adding support for controls in the simple
> pipeline handler" . I did the warmup task of simply building libcamera
> and running a test app `simple-cam.cpp`.

There are per-project specific warmups tasks listed on
https://libcamera.org/open-projects.html

> Can I know more about the idea, as someone who has never worked with
> libcamera, the details are pretty confusing and seem difficult to
> understand. Although it looks difficult, I want to challenge myself
> for this project but I need help from the team.

For starters, you can list down the problems you have faced and ask
specific questions on those. Although we do have extensive documentation
- so probably you'll find answers there as well if you give a thorough
reading.