[libcamera-devel] Static linking libcamera

Elias Naur mail at eliasnaur.com
Wed May 10 04:35:35 CEST 2023

Hi,

I'd like to build a static binary for Raspberry Pi with libcamera. A
single static binary
is much easier to package for an embedded setup than a binary plus its
transitive
dependency libraries.
However, I can't figure out how to do that with libcamera; I tried passing
--default-library static to meson but that didn't make any difference
as far as I can tell.

Is it possible to static link libcamera? If so, can the IPA loading
and signature checking
also be skipped altogether? Currently I patch out the signature
checking for simplicity
and to preserve reproducible builds.

Thanks,
Elias