[libcamera-devel] Kernel to use for PinePhone Pro

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Thu Nov 16 18:37:53 CET 2023

Hi Rafael,

Quoting Rafael Diniz via libcamera-devel (2023-11-16 16:38:39)
> Hi all,
>
> Which kernel fork/branch should I use to get proper libcamera support
> for the Pinephone Pro?

I don't know who 'cares' for the Pinephone Pro ... but the best answer
from a libcamera perspective should be:

 - https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/

And if support is missing from that tree, it would be beneficial for someone
with a device to consider getting the required work upstream.

(I don't have a device).

I know that's not necessarily the desired answer to your question. If
someone knows what work is not upstream - perhaps this is a good thread
to highlight that.

--
Kieran