libcamerify causes motion daemon to create zombie processes

Dale Magee antisol at antisol.org
Mon Apr 15 12:50:52 CEST 2024

Maybe I'm missing something, but I also happen to have a v1 camera
running on an older pi. I bought these v3 cameras that I'm having
trouble with because my v1 camera is so stable and reliable. It's got
motion running it, it records video all the time, and it's definitely
not got libcamera installed.

Perhaps that's a different model or something? IIRC it's a 5MP, v1 pi
camera. The image quality isn't great compared to the v3 cameras I'm
trying to use, but the stability is top-notch, has been running for years.

Cheers,
Dale