Picture from fosdem

Will Salmon pointswaves at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 22:49:47 CET 2024

Hi Kieran et al.

Some of the pics I took at fosdem with my silly big yellow camera running
libcamera came out better than others.

This was the best one I tuck while i was with you guys
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQQbJtitbNCGB372A but there are some better ones
with others.

The main issue is because of the latency with the viewfinder it's hard to
get the manual focus right, which should be fixed with better software for
the viewfinder so that's just on me to improve.

Here is the repo btw https://gitlab.com/pointswaves/pi-camera but i am
hoping to improve it a lot over the next few weeks, step files, fixes, how
to make the full sdcard image etc. But with Fosdem and Soocon I have been
pretty busy recently..

Thanks everyone for all the hard work that has been put into libcamer to
make this possible.

Kieran mentioned that there was a sensor with a 1" area, do we have a list
of supported cameras? I would like to think about which sensor would be
best for this camera, i would really like to be able to use normal DSLR
lenses.

Hope your well
Will