[libcamera-devel] Software ISP for CPU and GPU

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Sun Jan 7 23:42:26 CET 2024

Hi!

So... I played a bit, and I have software isp for the CPU -- at
https://gitlab.com/tui/libcamera/-/tree/hans42?ref_type=heads . Not
ready for merge but I'd really like hooks so that such thing is
possible.

debayer-only does cca 10Mpix/sec on PinePhone (after working around
cache problems), full ISP cca 2.5Mpix/sec, but that includes denoise,
black level, lens shading and tone mapping; using 2 cores out of 4.

Then I have GPU implementation, git at gitlab.com:tui/debayer-gpu.git,
that is about 2x faster (and does not load CPU).

Even X220 should be about 10x speed of PinePhone, modern notebooks
should be way faster still.

Both versions were inspired by
https://karaimer.github.io/camera-pipeline/paper/Karaimer_Brown_ECCV16.pdf
. I noticed hardware ISPs differ from what is described in a paper a
bit. If there's other paper I should be looking at, let me know.

Best regards,
								Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.