query/set parameters/controls from GST pipeline

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Tue Mar 5 07:41:13 CET 2024

Hi Joel,

Quoting Joel Winarske (2024-03-04 23:11:29)
> Where have things landed for accessing libcamera parameters/controls from a
> GST pipeline?
>
> I see this commit referenced from Umang Jain's slide deck:
> https://gitlab.collabora.com/nicolas/libcamera/-/commit/83d67744

I think we're still waiting for something like that to get posted.

Ideally based on some autogeneration from the control definitions yaml
file perhaps.

> I'm looking at Pipewire use cases.

I'm not sure if that helps Pipewire though as I think PW uses the
libcamera API directly?

Pipewire could probably be more suited to reporting controls through a
more introspection type handling and expose those based on their type
and information in the ControlInfo that it can identify at runtime?

--
Kieran