query/set parameters/controls from GST pipeline

Joel Winarske joel.winarske at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 02:34:32 CET 2024

Okay, that's great info.  Thanks Nicolas!

I see the spa trajectory, and I like it.

George what's your take, is the libcamera spa likely to deprecate the
`libcamerasrc` plugin?

Cheers,
Joel

On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 2:53 PM Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas at ndufresne.ca>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Le mar. 5 mars 2024, 15 h 27, Joel Winarske <joel.winarske at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>

>> > I can assist with building a cpp tool that transforms
>>> src/libcamera/control_ids.yaml into src/gstreamer/gstlibcamera-controls*.
>>>
>>> That would be more then welcome !
>>>

>> Cool.  I'll start looking into it.
>>

>>> This is a different approach from the upstream pipewire approach. It will
>>> certainly yield higher latency, but then you got a more usable buffer
>>> lifetime
>>> policy. Let us know the outcome for the "node control", this is still an