[libcamera-devel] qcam display scale bug

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Tue Jul 7 01:30:17 CEST 2020

Hi Hermann,

(CC'ing Naush)

On Sun, Jul 05, 2020 at 09:44:15PM +0200, hermann at stamm-wilbrandt.de wrote:
> I started working with libcamera on Raspberry Pi.

Thank you for your interest in the project :-)

> I cannot tell whether this scale bug exists for raspberrypi only, or in
> general.
>
> qcam app requests a 800x600 window, but displayed window is 800x472
> only.
> This is not acceptable when using qcam as microscope app:
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=278268&p=1690839#p1690839

I assume you're using the new HQ camera, right ?

> The best mode selected by libcamera is 2028x1520 which is 4:3.
> So 800x600 (also 4:3) is needed for display.
>
> It would be helpful to know whether qcam display is also 800x472 instead
> of 800x600 when not running on Rasberry Pi.

I'd like to clarify this first, to make sure I understand the problem
correctly. Do you mean that qcam display a captured frame of 800x472
pixels in a 800x600 screen region, scaling it in a way that doesn't
preserve square pixels ? Do you just start the qcam application without
passing it any parameter or resizing the window, or do you perform any
specific operation ?

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart