[libcamera-devel] libcamerasrc on librem 5: bayer support missing

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Sat Dec 17 18:35:16 CET 2022

Hi!

> > Is there any way to get libcamerasrc (gstreamer glue) to work on
> > Librem 5?
> >
> > As far as I can tell, libcamerasrc does not support bayer formats,
> > thus I can't really use gstreamer glue on Librem 5.
> >
> > Would it be simple to add such support?
> >

> Simplicity is relative to the knowledge of the dev doing the work. But it
> is relatively simple. In GStreamer Bayer formats have their own
> media type

I know, but there's a difference in "can be solved with 10 lines of
code" and "needs 1000 lines to be written".

> (video/x-bayer). There isn't a libgstbayer library for it, so no custom
> stride/padding can be used for now (since nothing is ever set in stone)
> though it's much easier. In general, if you add the missing formats, we
> request a basic implementation in bayer2rgb and rgb2bayer software
> elements. This is extremely useful when using and debugging.
>
> Note that "some" patterns are already supported. If it's the case, you just
> need to map these into libcamerasrc.

I'm looking for GRBG8 support, so I assume simply doing the mapping
should be enough. I guess this is the "10 lines of code" case, but I
don't know much about gstreamer or libcamera, so it will likely take
me some time to figure which lines...

Best regards,
									Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.