[libcamera-devel] libcamerasrc on librem 5: bayer support missing

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Sat Dec 17 14:52:28 CET 2022

Le sam. 17 déc. 2022, 06 h 08, Pavel Machek via libcamera-devel <
libcamera-devel at lists.libcamera.org> a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> Is there any way to get libcamerasrc (gstreamer glue) to work on
> Librem 5?
>
> As far as I can tell, libcamerasrc does not support bayer formats,
> thus I can't really use gstreamer glue on Librem 5.
>
> Would it be simple to add such support?

Simplicity is relative to the knowledge of the dev doing the work. But it
is relatively simple. In GStreamer Bayer formats have their own media type
(video/x-bayer). There isn't a libgstbayer library for it, so no custom
stride/padding can be used for now (since nothing is ever set in stone)
though it's much easier. In general, if you add the missing formats, we
request a basic implementation in bayer2rgb and rgb2bayer software
elements. This is extremely useful when using and debugging.

Note that "some" patterns are already supported. If it's the case, you just
need to map these into libcamerasrc.