[libcamera-devel] Video recording on PinePhone Re: libcamera on pinephone

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Wed Jul 6 19:12:21 CEST 2022

On Wed, Jul 06, 2022 at 07:54:28PM +0300, Rafael Diniz via libcamera-devel wrote:
> "The PinePhone Pro would produce much better results for the effort."
> What does it mean?
>
> The Pinephone Pro is a totally different phone than the  PinePhone (1),
> also is more than twice the price. Both are currently in stock and
> shipping, not that it matters at all. Not saying you are stealing the
> thread. But you are.

Both the PinePhone and the PinePhone Pro are valid targets for
libcamera. They will certainly produce different results due to hardware
differences. There is very little to no overlap in the development
effort due to that, so development can happen in parallel without any
issue, with people focussing on the platform of their choice.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart