[libcamera-devel] Can't Find Documentation

Jacopo Mondi jacopo at jmondi.org
Fri Jun 10 09:38:23 CEST 2022

Hi Kevan

On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 12:53:23PM -0400, Kevan Hashemi via libcamera-devel wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I go here:
>
> https://www.libcamera.org/api-html/index.html#api

I can see the doxygen documentation of the codebase there (once I
enable javascript, be sure it is enabled for you too).

There you will find the documentation of the code base, which is a
useful reference when developing but will not help you getting
started.

> With Safari, Firefox, or Chrome. I get a page that is 95% white space, no sign of documentation. No instructions for how to proceed. I'm hoping to find a description of the command line options. For example, what is the range of values accepted by the "-ev" option? Right now, the only documentation I can find is from "libcamera-vid --help".
>
> What am I missing?

There's a short introduction here
https://libcamera.org/docs.html

but if I were you I would look into the guides in the source tree
https://git.libcamera.org/libcamera/libcamera.git/tree/Documentation/guides
(you can compile the documentation and have them in .html or .pdf
formats)

and have a look at
https://git.libcamera.org/libcamera/simple-cam.git/
which is an example application with a lot of comments

Thanks