[libcamera-devel] Can't Find Documentation

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Fri Jun 10 15:29:06 CEST 2022

Quoting Jacopo Mondi via libcamera-devel (2022-06-10 08:38:23)
> Hi Kevan
>
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 12:53:23PM -0400, Kevan Hashemi via libcamera-devel wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I go here:
> >
> > https://www.libcamera.org/api-html/index.html#api
>
> I can see the doxygen documentation of the codebase there (once I
> enable javascript, be sure it is enabled for you too).
>
> There you will find the documentation of the code base, which is a
> useful reference when developing but will not help you getting
> started.

Yes, the opening page of the Doxygen really needs some sort of an
introduction and a 'where to go next' - but all of the public and
internal objects are searchable.

> > With Safari, Firefox, or Chrome. I get a page that is 95% white
> > space, no sign of documentation. No instructions for how to proceed.
> > I'm hoping to find a description of the command line options. For
> > example, what is the range of values accepted by the "-ev" option?
> > Right now, the only documentation I can find is from "libcamera-vid
> > --help".

If you are looking for documentation of command line applciations such
as 'libcamera-vid' - those are not actually produced by the libcamera
project. Those are owned by Raspberry Pi - and you could ask for more
information at

   https://github.com/raspberrypi/libcamera-apps

--
Kieran