[libcamera-devel] I wrote another highly portable sink for cam reference implementation

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Wed Mar 16 10:42:17 CET 2022

Hi Eric,

Quoting Eric Curtin via libcamera-devel (2022-03-15 21:48:09)
> Hi Guys,
>
> I wrote another sink for cam reference implementation based on SDL. It's
> pretty neat it kinda combines the benefits of the QT based sink and the
> kms_sink (substituting QT for SDL), except with even more portability (it
> supports x11, wayland, kmsdrm, other Android ones etc., it generally
> chooses the right sink based on context), scaling options and pixel format
> options.
>
> Mind if I send a patch in the same style as HAVE_KMS ifdef?

I'm sorry we haven't merged your previous patches yet .. I think that's
mostly not getting round to complete things there. But I would say
certainly, - cam is only a test tool - but being able to see the images
on multiple surfaces is a real benefit - and if it's just a 'reusable
sink' type component, then I think that's really helpful, and could even
be useful reference code for others.

So ... I would love to see easier ways to visually see the output of
cam.

--
Thanks

Kieran