[libcamera-devel] fix ControlInfo for Span Controls

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Mon Mar 21 15:47:42 CET 2022

Hi Christian,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 02:24:25PM +0000, Christian Rauch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry, I am not familiar with sending patches via mailing-lists. I
> usually use web frontends like GitLab or GitHub. I tried to configure my
> system as described in the "PulseAudio How to Use git send-email" [1]
> but it fails with "Unable to initialize SMTP properly.". The libcamera
> doc at [2] does not provide much information on how to submit patches.

Would this help
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68238912/how-to-configure-and-use-git-send-email-to-work-with-gmail-to-email-patches-to
? If it works, we should update [2] with additional instructions, as
gmail is quite common.

> I just copy&pasted the patch file content at the end of my message. This
> may look broken because of automatic line breaks.

Yes, that's not great, copy&paste will most likely result in broken
patches with most e-mail clients (and especially the gmail web UI).

> In the future, will there be a way to contribute to libcamrea via a web
> frontend? I've seen pull-requests sent to a GitHub project [3] that got
> reviewed there.

That's not planned at this point. Submission through a web UI would be
nice, but it would need to end up on the mailing list for review. The
git..b review web UIs are barely more than a joke I'm afraid.

It would be nice to have a service to automate submission of patches, by
pushing to a git tree, but if we made that open without authentication
there would be a risk of abuse (and spamming in particular). I don't
know if it's possible to have a repository on gitlab where any
authenticated user could push, with a script that would then posted
patches to the mailing list. If someone likes playing with gitlab, it
could be interesting to develop that.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart